Erscheinungsdatum: 10.11.2010, Medium: Buch, Einband: Gebunden, Titel: Adoption, Usage, and Global Impact of Broadband Technologies, Titelzusatz: Diffusion, Practice and Policy, Redaktion: Dwivedi, Yogesh K., Verlag: Information Science Reference, Sprache: Englisch, Schlagworte: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS // Management, Rubrik: Wirtschaft // Management, Seiten: 344, Informationen: HC gerader Rücken kaschiert, Gewicht: 1128 gr, Verkäufer: averdo
Adoption Usage and Global Impact of Broadband Technologies ab 177.49 € als gebundene Ausgabe: Diffusion Practice and Policy. Aus dem Bereich: Bücher, Wissenschaft, Wirtschaftswissenschaft,
Adoption Usage and Global Impact of Broadband Technologies ab 177.49 EURO Diffusion Practice and Policy
Based on current trends in mobile broadband usage, a spectrum-demand model developed by Rysavy Research shows that many operators, spectrum could be consumed within three to five years. Except for the optical fiber, the available bandwidth of all contemporary communication media is restricted and therefore every endeavour to make optimum use of the communication channel sustains its undebatable importance. With the proliferation of telecommunications, it was realized that the major traffic was that of telephonic voice communication, and the extent of possible channel utilization with voice signal was studied. It was established that the order of utilization is only of 36%, the remaining 64% being wasted in a duplex channel. Various techniques for enhancing channel utilization in wired and mobile communication have been discussed in this book.
The increasing use of multimedia streams nowadays necessitates the development of efficient and effective methodologies for manipulating databases storing this information recent developments in video compression technology, the widespread use of digital cameras, high capacity digital systems, coupled with the significant increase in computer performance and the growth of Internet and broadband communication, have increased the usage and availability of digital video. Applications such as multimedia information systems, distance learning, video on-demand produce and use huge amount of video data. This situation created a need for tools that can effectively categorize, search and retrieve the relevant video material.This book provide how to enhance a speed of multimedia information by extracting the unwanted key frame
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a standard protocol for establishing, manipulating, and tearing down an interactive user session that involves multimedia elements such as audio, video, instant messaging, or other real-time data communications. The embedded SIP phone can be beneficial for frequent computer users with larger telephone usage, such as people working in global branch offices of enterprises, schools on the academic communication backbone, or research institutes among Universities on an academic broadband infrastructure. The SIP phone which is developed by using GID accelerates business performance by automating and orchestrating processes across total enterprises. Enterprise users can collaborate more flexibly and cost-effectively with business and trading partners. Maximum number of concurrent calls that can be made in the SIP are 255. This SIP phone is scalable, extensible, and fits comfortably into different architectures and deployment scenarios.
Ever Since the future fifth generation (5G) mobile networks broadband was introduced, many researchers, engineers, and technicians questioned the challenges and problems associated with this promising deployment of cellular networks. As Inter-Cell Interference (ICI) produced by the usage of the same spectrum which creates major issues by reducing the system output and network capacity as well as some other challenges which need to be addressed by the engineers. In this Book, we tackle the resource and power division problem in multiuser Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) networks such as 5G, LTE/LTE-A networks, and dense small cell networks. Also, we will provide a hybrid ICIC scheme as a negotiation between the integrated and the decentralized methodologies. For a cluster of adjacent cells, resource and power allocation decisions are made collectively. This book targets the academic researchers as well as the engineers and technicians who are interested in Fifth Generation (5G) networks and those who are interested in providing a solution for the problems mentioned above.